A quotation not accepted within 30 days may be changed.
Acceptance of orders is subject to credit approval and contingencies such as fire, water, strikes, theft, vandalism, acts of God, and other causes beyond TSI’s control. Canceled orders require compensation for incurred costs and related obligations.
3. Accuracy of Specifications
Quotations are based on the accuracy of the specifications provided. TSI can requote a job at the time of submission if copy, film, tapes, disks, or other input materials do not conform to the information on which the original quotation was based.
4. Electronic Manuscripts/Images
It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain a copy of the original file. TSI is not responsible for accidental damage to media supplied by the customer or for the accuracy of furnished input or final input. Until digital input can be evaluated by TSI, no claims or promises are made about ability to work with jobs submitted in digital format, and no liability is assumed for problems that may arise. Any additional translating, editing, or programming needed to utilize customer-supplied files will be charged at prevailing rates.
Customer alterations include all work performed in addition to the original specifications. All such work will be charged at TSI’s current rates.
6. Prepress Proofs
“TSI will submit proofs for the customer’s review and approval. Corrections will be returned to TSI marked “”OK,”” “”OK with Correction, “” or “”Revised Proof Required”” and signed by the customer. TSI will not be responsible for undetected production errors if:
- Proofs are not required by the customer;
- The work is printed per the customer’s OK;
- Requests for changes are communicated verbally.”
7. Color Proofing
Because of differences in equipment, paper, inks, and other conditions between color proofing and production pressroom operations, a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job is to be expected. When a variation of this kind occurs, it will be considered acceptable performance.
8. Overruns or Underruns
Overruns or underruns will not exceed 10 percent of the quantity ordered. TSI will bill for the actual quantity delivered within this tolerance. If the customer requires a guaranteed quantity, the percentage of tolerance must be stated at the time of quotation.
9. Customer’s Property
The provider will only maintain fire and extended coverage on property belonging to the customer while the property is in the provider’s possession. The provider’s liability for such property will not exceed the amount recoverable from the insurance. Additional insurance coverage may be obtained if it is requested in writing and if the premium is paid to the provider.
10. Customer-Furnished Materials
Materials furnished by customers or their suppliers are verified by delivery tickets. The provider bears no responsibility for discrepancies between delivery tickets and actual counts.
“Payment is net cash 30 calendar days from date of invoice. Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the customer in writing no later than 10 calendar days after delivery. If no such claim is made, TSI and the customer will understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, the customer acknowledges that the provider’s performance has fully satisfied all terms, conditions, and specifications.
TSI’s liability will be limited to the quoted selling price of defective goods, without additional charge for special or consequential damages. As security for payment of any sum due under the terms of an agreement, TSI has the right to hold and place a lien on all customer property in TSI’s possession. This right applies even if credit has been extended, notes have been accepted, trade acceptances have been made, or payment has been guaranteed. If payment is not made, the customer is liable for all collection costs incurred.”
- Disclaimer of Express Warranties. TSI warrants that the work is as described in the purchase order. The customer understands that all sketches, copy, dummies, and preparatory work shown to the customer are intended only to illustrate the general type and quality of the work. They are not intended to represent the actual work performed.
- Disclaimer of Implied Warranties. TSI warrants only that the work will conform to the description contained in the purchase order. TSI’s maximum liability, whether by negligence, contract, or otherwise, will not exceed the return of the amount invoiced for the work in dispute. Under no circumstances will TSI be liable for specific, individual, or consequential damages.”
“The customer agrees to protect the provider from economic loss and any other harmful consequences that could arise in connection with the work. This means the customer will hold the provider harmless and save, indemnify, and otherwise defend TSI again claims, demands, actions, and proceedings on any and all grounds. This will apply regardless of responsibility for negligence.
- Copyrights. The customer also warrants that the subject matter to be printed is not copyrighted by a third party. The customer also recognizes that because subject matter does not have to bear a copyright notice to be protected by copyright law, absence of such notice does not necessarily assure a right to reproduce. The customer further warrants that no copyright notice has been removed from any material used in preparing the subject matter for reproduction.
To support these warranties, the customer agrees to indemnify and hold the provider harmless for all liability, damages, and attorney fees that may be incurred in any legal action connected with copyright infringement involving the work produced or provided.
- Personal or Economic Rights. The customer also warrants that the work does not contain anything that is libelous or scandalous or anything that threatens anyone’s right to privacy or other personal or economic rights. The customer will, at the customer’s sole expense, promptly and thoroughly defend TSI in all legal actions on these grounds as long as TSI:
- Promptly notifies the customer of the legal action;
- Gives the customer reasonable time to undertake and conduct a defense.
TSI reserves the right to use its sole discretion in refusing to print anything the provider deems libelous, scandalous, improper, or infringing upon copyright law.”
All taxes and assessments levied by any governmental authority are the responsibility of the customer. All amounts due for taxes and assessments will be added to the customer’s invoice. No tax exemption will be granted unless the customer’s “Exemption Certificate” (or other official proof of exemption) accompanies the purchase order. If, after the customer has paid the invoice, it is determined that more tax is due, then the customer must promptly remit the required taxes to the taxing authority or immediately reimburse the provider for any additional taxes paid.
15. Laser Checks W/Numbers
Customer must state a specific number so that all checks are stacked properly.
16. Labels Web
Customer must pick the number of how the label is to be placed on the roll.