I love the first day of summer because it is the longest day of the year! It represents a more relaxed time when people get together for reunions, vacations, picnics, bike rides, etc., anything to be outside, soak up the sun and share their time with friends and family.
With the school year ending it is perfect for the mindset of a new beginning or to take notice of how your year is going so far in 2012. How do you rate the first six months (1 to 10 . . . 10 being the highest)? Also, how will you adapt and/or adjust to keep it going or improve on what you have already done. I’m sure there are plenty of ways you can enhance the remainder of 2012, it just takes some thought and then some action.
Here are five ideas to consider that could really add value to the second half of your year.
- Show and share your gratitude every day with everyone as often as you can. Say thank you, be grateful, and experience this powerful emotion that affects you and all those you touch.
- Do something nice for someone else. Forget the credit, just do it. Stranger, family or friend—a good deed done is always better than the grandest intention.
- Plan and do something special for yourself that you have been putting off way to long. If possible, share it with someone you know would also enjoy it.
- Visit someone you haven’t seen face to face for way too long and who would be both surprised and overwhelmed to spend some time with you.
- Remember, the world you see and the things you attract are directly proportional to the aura you emanate. We always reap what we sow. So take the high road, smile more and complain less. The greatest beneficiary of this behavior is you.
Have a fun, safe and rewarding summer. I’d love to hear how you plan to spend it, so feel free to share your comments.