Recently in our Seminar: Building Your “Personal” Brand we discussed the things you do everyday that feed your mind and make you who you are. The goal was to:
1. Make you aware that you feed your mind everyday . . . all day
2. Demonstrate how much you control this input
3. Get you to direct it in a positive and nurturing direction
A great place to begin is in how you talk to yourself everyday. We talk to ourselves more in one day than anyone else. Positive self-talk can change your attitude and, therefore, change the environment around you. It can be the difference in how people react to you . . . the difference of drawing people to you or driving them away.
Here is a simple, yet very effective exercise to get started that you can do while you drive to work:
1. What do you think about as you drive?
2. What do you listen to?
3. What feeds your mind as you drive?
Become aware, be present and in control of how you start your day. After you have evaluated it, how can you improve it to create a more positive and nurturing environment to start your day?
Do it and let me know if you decide to change anything. Your input is always welcomed.